Responsive web design is all about creating the best user experience regardless of whether a user is accessing your site from a desktop computer, a mobile phone, or a tablet.
You will add several projects to your portfolio to demonstrate your skill and growth throughout this Specialisation. You will create web pages using basic elements to control layout and style, use responsive web design principles to take a site from wireframe to website, implement security features, and create collaborative multi-user experiences. Just like any professional full stack web developer, you will build accessibility and usability into your responsive websites.
Applied Learning Project in this course
Upon completing the five courses in the Responsive Website Development and Design Specialization, along with the Capstone Project, you’ll have designed and launched your own fully-functioning, responsive web application.
In the capstone project, you will:
- Develop a complete website using the full range of skills learned during the specialisation
- Work through a structured process from idea generation to product delivery
- Document and receive feedback on the development of your project from an idea to a fully functional piece of software in a series of structured assignments including peer interactions
About six courses in this specialization
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Make a simple web page using HTML 3.
- Use CSS to control text styles and layout 4.
- Use CSS libraries such as Bootstrap to create responsive layouts 5.
In this course, you will complete:
- 4 quizzes, each taking ~20 minutes to complete
- 1 programming exercise~30 minutes to complete
- multiple practice quizzes, each taking ~5 minutes to complete
- Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes.
What you will learn in this course ?
- Modern full-stack web development
- Reactive / multi-user web applications
- APIs and animation
- Collaborative multi-user experiences
Skills you will gain
- Cascading Style Sheets (CCS)
- Responsive Web Design
- Web Development
How the specialization works with Coursera ?
Step 1 : Take Courses
A Coursera Specialization is a series of courses that helps you master a skill. To begin, enroll in the Specialization directly, or review its courses and choose the one you’d like to start with. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, you’re automatically subscribed to the full Specialization. It’s okay to complete just one course — you can pause your learning or end your subscription at any time. Visit your learner dashboard to track your course enrollments and your progress.
Step 2 : Hands-on Project
Every Specialization includes a hands-on project. You’ll need to successfully finish the project(s) to complete the Specialization and earn your certificate. If the Specialization includes a separate course for the hands-on project, you’ll need to finish each of the other courses before you can start it.
Step 3: Earn a Certificate
When you finish every course and complete the hands-on project, you’ll earn a Certificate that you can share with prospective employers and your professional network.