Table of Contents
About Social Networking Site In PHP
Talking about the features of the Social Networking Site, the user can view/manage post just by typing text and sharing it. It’s almost like using other popular social media. It features adding photos, sending messages, searching and adding friends. To start a message a user has to be friend with a particular user id, then only his/her user id will be available on the message list. The user can also simply unfriend other users from his/her account.
Features of Social Networking Site In PHP :
- Login/Register System
- Share/Manage post
- Search friends
- Unfriend user account
- Manage photos
How To Run Social Networking Site In PHP ?
Design of this project is pretty simple so that the user won’t find any difficulties while working on it. Social Networking Site in PHP helps the user to connect with other users and share their messages. To run this project you must have installed virtual server i.e XAMPP on your PC (for Windows). After Starting Apache and MySQL in XAMPP, follow the following steps
- 1st Step: Extract file
- 2nd Step: Copy the main project folder
- 3rd Step: Paste in xampp/htdocs/
Now Connecting Database
- 4th Step: Open a browser and go to URL “http://localhost/phpmyadmin/”
- 5th Step: Then, click on the databases tab
- 6th Step: Create a database naming “socialdb” and then click on the import tab
- 7th Step: Click on browse file and select “socialdb.sql” file which is inside “DATABASE” folder
- 8th Step: Click on go.
After Creating Database,
- 9th Step: Open a browser and go to URL “http://localhost/social_networking_site/”
Login details are provided inside the “Readme.txt” file.