Table of Contents
About Simple Point of Sale (POS) System In PHP
In order to save cash records, the user simply has to select a product and enter its quantity with the discount amount. The same applies in maintaining credit record too. The admin can view sales report, collection report, and account receivable report. He/she can simply enter a customer’ account for customer ledger. To add products, the user has to provide product code, name, cost, price, supplier and quantity.
Other features are about adding customers, suppliers and purchases. While adding customers the user has to provide customer’s name, address, contact and membership number. And to add supplier’s information, he/she should provide supplier’s name, contact person, address and contact number. The last feature of this simple POS system is about purchases which can be added by providing date, invoice number, supplier and remarks. The features of this project can be summarized as –
- Login system
- Sales Report
- Collection report
- Accounts receivable report
- Customer Ledger
- CRUD Customers, Product, Suppliers
- Manage Purchases, Cash and Credit
How To Run Simple Point of Sale (POS) System In PHP ?
Design of this project is pretty simple so that the user won’t find any difficulties while working on it. Simple Point of Sale System in PHP helps in easy management of product sale records. To run this project you must have installed virtual server i.e XAMPP on your PC (for Windows). After Starting Apache and MySQL in XAMPP, follow the following steps
- Extract file
- Copy the main project folder
- Paste in xampp/htdocs/
Now Connecting Database
- Open a browser and go to URL “http://localhost/phpmyadmin/”
- Then, click on the databases tab
- Create a database naming “salespos” and then click on the import tab
- Click on browse file and select “salespos.sql” file which is inside “DATABASE” folder
- Click on go.
After Creating Database,
- Open a browser and go to URL “http://localhost/posphp/”
For username and password, refer “Readme.txt” file.