Table of Contents
About Simple Chat Box In PHP Project
This simple chat box is a simple web-based application that creates messages through the other users present in the application. It also includes a login and logout system. Multiple users can start conversations, share messages at the same time. There’s only User side, so all the functions are to be performed from the user’s side. The basic features of this project can be summarized as –
- Login/Register system
- Instant Messaging
Note : The username and password is provided inside the “Readme.txt” file.
How To Run Simple Chat Box In PHP ?
Design of this project is very simple and similar to-other public chatrooms so that the user won’t find difficult to use. To run this project you must have installed virtual server i.e XAMPP on your pc (for Windows). After Starting Apache and MySQL in XAMPP, follow the following steps –
- Extract file
- Copy the main project folder
- Paste in xampp/htdocs/
Now Connecting Database
- Open a browser and go to URL “http://localhost/phpmyadmin/”
- Then, click on the databases tab
- Create a database naming “chatbox” and then click on the import tab
- Click on browse file and select “chatbox.sql” file which is inside “DATABASE” folder
- Click on go.
After Creating Database,
- Open a browser and go to URL “http://localhost/chatbox/”