Restaurant management system is perfect for students who want to learn how a management system is developed using Python or for shop owners to perform their restaurant-related day to day operations using Python programming language to manage and operate all restaurant-related functions within a computer.
Table of Contents
About Restaurant Management System Using Python
Operating this python program will help you in reducing your time, effort, and complexity. Nowadays restaurants are filled with people so it’s very difficult to manage all the work manually. This is why people need to use this management system so that their workflow and efficiency is increased.
This application system is developed by Amar Kumar using Python GUI so that people can maintain the orders and calculate the prices of orders at the restaurant. In Restaurant Management System, a user can calculate the price, subtotal price, tax cost and total amount of the order easily by managing the quantities and prices of the items.
Features of Restaurant Management System In Python
- Various Restaurant Items such as fries, meals, burgers, sandwiches, pizza, drinks, and so on.
- A separate calculator alongside the program to carry out additional calculations
- Features to add a quantity of each item in all the menu available
- Feature to add service charge cost by the user manually
- Feature to add tax cost by the user
- Calculate the total price of the bill
- Addition of Tax and Service charge
- Individual Price of Each items set in the system
- Reset all menu and orders
Backend Calculations: Restaurant Management System has a flexible menu along with the respective price. The user specifies the number of portions he likes to order and the backend calculates the total price including the service charges and tax. The service charges and tax rates are to be specified by the programmer. Workflow: Prepare a menu and price list for the restaurant.
A GUI interface for the management system using Tkinter. Input boxes for the number of portions of different items in the menu. Lastly, there are classes in the backend of the system which can perform various functions such as tax calculation, service charges calculate, and total price of the meal including all taxes Button operations for total, price list, reset and exit functionality.