The invoice system is a web-based implementation of Billing System using Laravel and PostgreSQL is used to implement the real-time database. Billing systems manage cash flows more efficiently as compared to their non-automated counterparts. It uses MVC architecture with a service-repository pattern and the validation of input data is done using the request class. Also, This project implements the concept of logger, modularized code. It also checks whether the code follows PSR-2 standard while running the git commit command.
Features of Invoice System in Laravel
The features of this project in Laravel can be summarized as –
- CRUD operations along with sorting, searching and pagination
- Roles and permissions to user
- Can view activity log
- Multiple item input
Requirements of Invoice System in Laravel
To run this project in your system, you will require the following technologies and applications installed in your system –
- PHP 8.0.8
- Composer version 2.1.3
- node.js v12.18.2
How to run Run Invoice System in Laravel ?
To run this project, after installing the applications as per the requirements highlighted above, follow the following steps –
- Extract/Unzip the file
- Open any text editor.
- Install all the dependencies using composer – composer install
- Copy .env.example file and make the required configuration changes in the .env file [cp .env.example .env]
- Generate a new application key [php artisan key:generate]
- It’s recommended to have a clean database before seeding [php artisan migrate:fresh]
- Run the database seeder [php artisan db:seed]
- Start the local development server [php artisan serve]